RM0680 6U ATX/PB Rackmount Chassis Quick Installation Sheet
1. Remove the RM0680 6U Chassis from the shipping box. Please be careful, the chassis weights over 50 Lbs. It requires two man for lifting and installing the RM0680 chassis.
2. First, remove the first six screws from both side of the chassis. (See picture below)
3. Next, take off the chassis cover by removing the last two screws from the rear of the chassis. (See picture below)
4. After removing the chassis cover, you should be to see the internal layout of the chassis. There should be a set of ATX power cables for connecting to a motherboard (If purchased with a power supply). (See picture below)
5. In order to install a motherboard (or a passive backplane board), you must slide out the motherboard mounting tray from the chassis. The motherboard mounting tray is metal shaped box for house the motherboard. The motherboard mounting tray is removable from the rear side of the chassis. (See picture below)
6. Before sliding out (removing) the motherboard mounting tray from the main chassis housing, you must remove the 2 screws on each sideof the chassis. (See picture below)
Note: Please unwind the screws gently, or you might damaged the screw threads.
7. Slowly pull out the motherboard mounting tray from the rear of the chassis. It is okay to remove the motherboard mounting tray completely from the main chassis housing. Removing the motherboard mounting tray will make motherboard installation much easier.
8. The power supply and harddisk mounting bays are located under the motherboard mounting tray. (See picture below)
9. After finish installing the Harddisks, Floppy Drive and CDROM, push the motherboard mounting tray back in to the main chassis housing.
10. Please remember to put back the screws on the both side of RM0680 chassis.
11. Close the RM0680 chassis by securing the screws on both sides of the chassis.