CFI Drive Quick Installation Sheet (CD-ROM Floppy Integrated Drive)
Currently there are three versions of the CFI drive, CFI-DCRW, CFI-A and CFI-B, available from PCW Microsystems, Inc. Basically, they are the same unit with different CD media support. The following CFI drive images has been enlarged for better detail view.
CFI-A (Standard Unit) Installation Instruction
1. CFI-A consist of the connectors pictured below.
2. Picture below showed the locations of the floppy, cdrom and power connector.
3. The proper CFI-A power, floppy and CD-Rom drive cabling view.
4. Please make sure that the red strip on the floppy and IDE cables are facing the left side of the CFI drive.
CFI-B (Enhanced Unit) Installation Instruction
1. CFI-B drive consist of the connectors pictured below.
2. Picture below showed the locations of the floppy, cdrom and power connector in CFI-B drive unit. Please notice that the original location of the CD-ROM drive connector has been moved from the main circuit board to the back of the CD-ROM drive unit. The move is necessary to support additional CD meida format.
3. CFI-B drive power cable connections.
4. CFI-B Drive CD-ROM & Floppy Drive cable connections.
5. Please make sure that the red strip on the IDE cable is facing the right side of the CFI-B drive. In addition, the red strip on the floppy cable is facing the left side of the CFI-B drive. Also, the CFI-B drive required two power cables for proper operation.
Technical support: email@example.com.